Stemology Ltd (“Stemology” or “we”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Because we gather certain types of information about our customers we want to help you understand the terms and conditions surrounding the collection and use of that information.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES STEMOLOGY COLLECT?
We collect personally identifiable information when you provide it to us, such as when you order an information pack on our site, when you ask questions in relation to our services, when you subscribe for an e-mail newsletter, provide details for “refer a friend” or when you purchase a collection kit. The information we may collect from you on our site includes:
1. first and last name of each parent;
2. address, including street name, city, postcode & country;
3. email address of parents;
4. telephone numbers;
5. credit card information in the event a user purchases products or services online;
6. baby’s anticipated date of birth;
7. maternity hospital;
8. how you heard about Stemology;
9. further information which we may request from you if you report a problem with our site;
10. if you contact us, a record of that correspondence;
11. information requested in relation to surveys we may ask you to complete for research purposes (which you will not be obliged to respond to);
12. details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
13. details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access; and
14. other information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes any additional information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
We also use cookie technology and other software to analyse visits to our site and the content being read on our site so that we can ultimately give visitors the best experience. You do have the right to refuse or delete cookies; please refer to the instructions for your file management software to delete existing cookies or to your browser manufacturer’s instructions to stop cookies being stored on your computer in the future. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the Stemology website.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions are processed through a secure server.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use all reasonable endeavours to try to prevent unauthorised access. Such reasonable endeavours include use of a sonic wall, DMZ, password protection and other measures.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with the best and most useful content to help you make an informed decision about collecting and storing your baby’s cord blood stem cells. Your personal information will not be sold or rented to another party and will only be used by Stemology and its partners/agencies to provide you with relevant information about cord blood stem cells (online and offline) and/or to complete an order made for a collection kit.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
2. to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
3. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
4. to notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If your data has been obtained through digital mediums (Incl. internet form submissions & social media networks) then it may be subject to conversion tracking and data analysis by third parties. Occasionally these third parties (such as Twitter, Facebook etc) may use your data for targeted advertising. To remove yourself from Twitter tailored advertising please read more here:
Otherwise you can apply Do Not Track functionality within your internet browser.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
1. if Stemology or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
2. if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Stemology, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
3. if we are required by law, whether a legal or contractual obligation arising from statute, contract, or by virtue of our obligations to a regulatory authority.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.